Moving Quotes: Compare Moving Companies Quotes and Save on Your Move
Figuring out the cost of your move can sometimes be a challenging task. Completing our quote form makes this process easier for you, as filling it ensures you’ll receive up to five free moving quotes. Once you receive your quotes, you can follow the guidelines below to compare moving companies and determine which one best fits your needs.
Your location details
Your moving details
Your contact details
Why Choose Sirelo to Request Moving Quotes?
The process of requesting and comparing moving quotes is crucial to make sure you find the company that perfectly suits your needs. In order to make this easy and stress-free for you Sirelo allows you to:
- Save time: You won’t have to waste your time contacting each moving company individually –we take care of that for you.
- Save money: Generally, moving quotes can differ by up to 40% in price. By receiving multiple quotes and being able to compare moving companies quotes yourself, you reduce the risk of overpaying!
- Find your perfect match: Based on the information you share with us, we make sure that we find the moving companies that fully match your needs and expectations.
- Compare movers: Once you’ve received the moving companies quotes, you’ll be all set to evaluate each one and finally move forward in the moving process!
Moving Quotes: What Influences the Price?
Most of the time, people tend to be surprised when they find out about the high costs associated with moving. So, it’s important to really understand where these costs are coming from. The prices reflected on moving quotes are often determined by:
- Distance: The further your moving destination is, the more expensive transportation will be.
- Route: Some moving destinations are more popular than others, meaning these tend to be the cheapest ones due to the high competition between moving companies in these areas.
- Size of your move: The bigger the size of your move, both in terms of volume and weight, the more expensive it will be.
- Complexity: The more complex your move, the more expensive it will be. When it comes to complexity, this includes: number of movers needed, need for disassembling and reassembling, requirement of special equipment and so on.
- Type of transport: The type of transport you decide to use to make your move represents an important part of your final costs. Usually, air transport is the most expensive option while sea freights tend to be the cheapest.
- Additional costs: Depending on the moving company, additional costs aside from those listed above can also be part of your moving quote (i.e.: moving insurance, elevator fees).
What to Look for When Comparing Moving Quotes
After receiving the moving quotes you requested you might be left wondering how to even start comparing all these companies. We know that determining what type of information is relevant enough to evaluate can be a troublesome task. So, to make this easier for you, we compiled a few important factors you should focus on while going through each of these quotes.
Price is perhaps the most important factor people consider when comparing moving companies –especially if they’re trying to stick to a tight budget. However, it’s important to understand that price doesn’t necessarily reflect the quality of the moving company.
Choosing a company that offers the cheapest price isn’t always the best option, as sometimes hidden costs are the reason why their price is so low. As well, choosing the most expensive option doesn’t guarantee there won’t be any flaws or hidden costs either. It’s important that you check which services are included in your moving quotes, so you can know exactly what you’re signing yourself up for.
As mentioned before, careful evaluation of the services included in the moving quotes you receive is crucial to avoid future complications. When evaluating the services offered in each quote, we recommend being on the lookout for the following:
- Moving boxes: It isn’t always guaranteed that a moving company will include moving boxes on their quotes. Sometimes it’s expected that you’ll either purchase them yourself or contact them back to include these into your quote.
- Packing services: Certain movers leave out the packaging of belongings from their moving quotes as some people prefer to do this themselves.
- Disassembly and reassembly services: Special equipment and skills are needed for the disassembly/reassembly of furniture. Companies offer these types of services for an extra fee, but they might be left out of the quote if it’s not communicated to them.
- Transportation of special objects: Moving special objects and/or pets often entails extra costs. You should always let the moving companies know if you’ll require this service or schedule a visit so they can assess for themselves exactly what they’ll be transporting.
- Long carry: An extra fee can be charged if there’s a significant distance (usually more than 50 feet) between the parked moving truck and the entrance of the residence.
- Moving insurance: When evaluating the terms and conditions of the moving insurance, make sure that it specifies the amount and type of objects insured as well as what steps would be taken in case of damage or disappearance of your belongings.
Customer reviews are a powerful source of information that helps you get a real sense of how reliable a moving company’s services are from the perspective of others like yourself. Sirelo offers you the profile of 582 moving companies across the United States. Each profile consists of not just the general details of the company, but also real customer reviews that can give you a general understanding of what to expect and ultimately help you determine which company to go for.
Quality and Certification
When comparing moving companies, we recommend that you carry out your own research for each of them. This not only entails checking out their websites to get a deeper understanding of their services, but also going beyond opinions and finding out what type of certifications/licenses these companies have.
In the United States, it’s important that movers are active members of the American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) and that they possess the ProMover Certification awarded by this institution. In order to become AMSA ProMover members, companies must undergo a rigorous background check. As well, they must be recommended by at least two existing AMSA ProMover members. These requirements ensure that the members of this association are both professional and reputable.
We hope this article gave you insights into what the process of requesting moving quotes and comparing between moving companies is like. The only thing left to do is to fill out our quote form so you can start this new and exciting journey!