What Is FIDI Global Alliance?
FIDI Global Alliance is the largest federation for international moving and relocation companies. With over 600 active members, FIDI operates in over 100 different countries across the globe. The main goal of this federation is to ensure that all members adhere to high quality service levels –which they achieve by requiring them to comply with an extensive list of requirements.
The primary goals of the federation include:
- Focusing on end-to-end quality services;
- Meeting anti-bribery, anti-corruption and anti-trust requirements;
- Carrying out pre-employment screenings;
- Implementing data privacy protection management;
- Meeting the proper requirements and foundations for international moving.
As a way to ensure the quality FIDI strives for, the federation developed the FAIM standard, which is the exclusive certificate for the international moving and relocation industry. This quality certification was developed with the aid of large, small, private and public international moving companies across the globe so that an all-rounded approach to the industry’s best practices could be represented.
In order to receive the FAIM accreditation, the moving company must meet the following requirements:
- Consistent quality of service;
- Compliance with industry standards;
- Compliance with international regulations;
- Financial stability;
- Supply chain performance.
What Are the Entry Requirements?
In order to become part of FIDI Global Alliance, the interested mover must meet the following criteria:
- Have been operating in intercontinental moving services for at least two years;
- Carry out a minimum of 10 intercontinental moves per year;
- Have an adequate insurance cover in place;
- Comply with FIDI regulations once accredited;
- Have financial stability;
- Sign the FIDI anti-bribery, anti-corruption charter and the anti-trust charter.
These quality requirements are regularly audited by the independent third-party EY. So you will be rest assured that your move is guaranteed to be a high quality one!
Why Should You Book a FIDI Member?
If you’re wondering why you should book a FIDI member for your move, it all boils down to quality. Even though perhaps the movers might be a little bit more expensive, you will be getting your money’s worth by having a professional high quality move –this will take a lot of the stress away from the moving process, trust us on this one!
Besides high quality moves, FIDI members might also provide extra services such as:
- School search;
- Apartment search;
- Relocation with pets;
- Help applying for visas and work permits;
- Language and cultural training.
FIDI Movers: How to Find Them
The easiest way to spot a FIDI partner is by being on the lookout for the logos shown in the sections above. However, you can also search for yourself for FAIM certified moving companies in FIDI’s “Find a FIDI Affiliate” page.
We hope this article helped you get a better idea of what FIDI Global Alliance stands for. Keep in mind that you can always find good moving companies that are not part of FIDI. But, in this case we highly recommend that you check their most recent reviews to verify their quality. If you are looking for more information about moving associations, we advise that you take a look at the articles linked below. 🙂